My hose came today, so I rushed out to Lowe’s to get a couple of screws and a canister of propane. Tonight after dinner, we went down and attached my new GTT Lynx to the table, connected everything, tested the connections for leaks, tightened up the connections, and turned on the torch! I made a couple of boro beads on my new torch, turned off the oxygen and the propane, bled the line and turned off the fans. It’s a complicated set-up, but it works!
Now all I have to do is clean up the mess we made tonight putting everything together, and move everything from the upstairs “studio” to the new basement studio. I don’t have to go to Curves, but I do have bell choir practice and Wednesday night supper. So, I should get some torch time in.
I’m going to have to study and play around with this torch – it has a lot more variables than the Hot Head does. I don’t think the beads I made today were very good because I didn’t have a reduction flame or oxidizing flame or whatever. It might take a while to figure out this torch, but I’ll enjoy doing it.
Yay! I got my new torch up and running! Whoo Hoo!